Camryn Reeg and Andrew Meyer , pictured above, were both winners at the Marquette Cross Country meet on 10.6.14. Camryn is rated #7 in the state of Iowa, while Andrew is rated #1 in the state.
A lot of things are going on currently. Some include the following:
- Musical – This Fall Mr. Davies will be directing “The Music Man” on November 7, 8 & 9. Practice is beginning, and 25 students are involved in this production on stage (along with several others involved with lights, sound, etc.).
- All State Auditions – Mrs. Ruley has 10 students working toward trying out for all-state music. This is a high number for our school, and one which shows the dedication of the students and the teacher toward music and working toward excellence and always striving to be “better.”
- Football – Varsity football is currently 4-0 and ranked #10 in the state, with a game on Friday @ West Branch who is also undefeated and ranked in the top 10. The students have put in a lot of time in the off-season in the weight room and with conditioning, and it is paying off. Great start to the year, with some very tough games on the horizon. The JV team is low on numbers, but have competed well in all of their games. Our students have truly been putting a lot of effort in practice and games.
- Volleyball – The effort and play of the girls has been outstanding, and the team is much improved. We have been in nearly every game and every set, which is a step in the right direction. Our competition is stiff overall, and our girls are progressing very well. We are also playing a with a young and inexperienced team overall. JV VB is also playing well, and is showing that a strong foundation is being developed for the entire program. Last week, the girls played at North Cedar and then had a retreat in the gym when they returned and spent the night in the gym until practice this morning.
- Cross Country – The students have been doing a great job here as well. Camryn Reeg has won 6 of 7 meets that she has been in this year individually, and the girl’s team is also placing higher than any Bellevue CC team since 2006. Camryn is also rated #7 in the state. The boy’s team is ranked #3 in the state, and has won 6 of 7 meets this year. Andrew Meyer is ranked #1 individually and has also won all of the meets he has been in this year. In addition, Christain Benson is ranked #18 overall in the state rankings. Both teams and their runners have put in a lot of time in the off-season to work toward success, and it is showing. Running from 50-75 miles/week was not uncommon for the varsity runners. In addition, our JV team has won every meet (and one of our individuals has also won every JV meet), and some of our top JV runners would be running varsity on many other school’s teams.
- Middle School – Our middle school participation in volleyball, football, and cross country are very good, and all teams have also been performing very well. The entry into the River Valley Conference has allowed our athletes to have more competition time in games (play unlimited sets in volleyball and multiple 5th quarters in basketball).
Ultimately, if you work hard good things happen and progress is made (no matter what endeavor it is!). We are seeing this from our students, and from their coaches who also have put in the extra time to work with their student-athletes. Great start to the year!
- Lunch (new this year!)
- Many more things…
Board Meeting on September 8, 2014
Welcome to the Bellevue Schools! We are proud of all that we offer our students and community as we develop students who are critical thinkers, lifelong learners, self-motivated and goal-oriented individuals. As Bill Daggett states,
“The primary goal of education is not to enable students to do well in school, but to help them do well in the lives they lead outside of school.”
Visitors are always welcome in our buildings, and feel free to stop by anytime to tour our Bellevue Elementary classrooms to experience Everyday Math, Daily Five literacy, and ST Math. In addition, stop by Bellevue Middle School/High School to see our students working on their 1:1 Chromebooks, see students creativity at work as they develop a solution in a Problem-Based Learning environment, observe the concept of “Blended/Flipped Learning”, and talk with students about their 25+ college-credit courses offered on-site (along with an unlimited amount of on-line college credits at no cost to students and their families). Finally, observe our Academic Services program that works to make sure that ALL students are successful in their courses and in developing the skills that are required for a BHS graduate.
The Bellevue Schools are continuously working to achieve excellence in all that we do through a “Passion to Achieve Excellence.”
Tom Meyer, Superintendent
Twitter for Bellevue Schools
Hear about updated information regularly about the Bellevue Community Schools at the following Twitter by following the following site: TomMeyerBHS See you on Twitter!
Virtual Tour of Bellevue Middle/High School